|CC Image courtesy of ]babi] on Flickr|
With Christmas Eve just ten days away, some of you are probably finished shopping, have sailed right through wrapping and are now sitting by the fire admiring your Christmas tree, wondering what is taking Santa so long.
But let’s face it: many of us are just starting! While everyone loves giving presents at Christmas, trying to think of the perfect gift can be stressful. Well, have no fear—TAGS is here to give you a list of great gift ideas for all of the dog lovers in your life.
But be warned—you might want some of these for yourself, too!
For Dog Lovers Who Love to Travel
- Whether going to the cottage, a friend’s, or the dog park, the seats in any dog lover’s car can take a beating after one too many rides with a furry friend. While they might love their pooch too much to mind, they will definitely benefit from a pet car-seat cover. PetSmart carries several options on its website.
- Help keep a friend’s small dog safe by gifting your friend with a doggie car seat! This design, which is available at Canadian Tire, is elevated so the pooch can look out the window, plus it has a harness for added safety.
- If you’re on a budget, make homemade dog-sitting vouchers! While you might feel cheesy, the sentiment behind this gift will trump all others. No dog lover likes to leave his or her fur baby behind, but sometimes travel opportunities come up that don’t suit a tail-wagging tag-along. Offer to dog-sit, and enjoy eternal gratitude. It will put your friend’s mind at ease to know his or her pup is in good hands!
For Dog Lovers Who Love Knick-Knacks
|Cat lady and dog lover vests!
CC Image courtesy of TheUglySweaterShop on flickr
With a knick-knack, paddy whack, give a dog a bone… If your friend loves ornaments, trinkets, and other collectibles, there are an infinite number of possible gifts for them! Look for a picture frame with paw prints, a dog ornament for the tree, or even a figurine resembling their dog. Pet stores, gift stores such as Hallmark and Carlton Cards, or even your local Wal-Mart are bound to have great gifts your dog-loving friends will dig.
For Dog Lovers Who Love to Read
A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
This TAGS-tested novel is an engaging, heartfelt story told from a dog’s perspective as he searches for his purpose over the course of several lives. His soul is reborn again and again, but he is able to retain memories from former lives, which he uses to help him in the next one. It’s funny and at times sad, and it’s written so aptly the reader can’t help but wonder if it was actually written by a canine.
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
Also TAGS-tested, this book tells the story of Enzo, a lovable mutt who is with his best friend and owner, Denny, through all of life’s milestones. Told from Enzo’s perspective, the story line captivates readers from the first page, and the writing style keeps them reading until the book is finished.
- The Big New Yorker Book of Dogs
Culled from the pages of The New Yorker magazine, the writings and artwork in this coffee-table-sized book will delight any dog lover. In true New Yorker style, the fiction, poetry, and articles alternately entertain and inform—and often do both. Whether your friend is a literature lover or a dog lover, this book meets the bill.
- Keep the gift of Christmas coming all year long! Purchase a gift subscription for your friend to a Canadian pet or dog magazine. Since the first issue won’t be delivered until after Christmas, considering buying a copy of the current issue and include a note saying that there are more where this came from!
|CC Image Courtesy of dickuhne on Flickr|
Bonus Tip: For Dog Lovers Who Have it All
- Consider making a donation to a cause your dog-loving friend cares about, a topic we explored recently in this post.